Sunday 28 July 2019

A Little Something for the Weekend, Sir?


Finally sussed this numbers thing with haircuts. My usual barber has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks, so I went to Bob's in Chipping Sodbury, whose customers seem to operate only in numbers. It was like a trip back into the early 1970s. Bob has room for one customer in the chair and two waiting. 


Anyway, it transpires I'm a 2-4-7. No. 2 on the sides, blending into a No,4 a bit higher up and a No.7 on top. Sir was additionally offered a trim of the eyebrow curtain at no additional expense.

Bob charges £12.50 at weekends, but those 65 and over get a discount of zero at weekends. OK, I'm not 65 till March, but I asked for weekend over-65s discount, just to confuse Bob. It took him a few seconds to twig.

Hay pronounced the No.7 'a bit short', so I may try a No.9 on top next time, but a No.7 means it's cheaper in the long run. I have been tempted with a No.2 on top, but I suspect Hay would not approve.


No comments: