Tuesday 28 January 2020

Appendages and Bits


I'm making progress with free-mounting the unicycle and have reached the point of being able to mount with just a couple of fingers on whatever support I'm using - invariably a post of some description.

Riding is now a doddle and my arms are no longer failing around to help me keep my balance. I look quite the seasoned and nonchalant unicycler riding around the Tesco car park, or wherever I choose to practice.

One thing I have discovered is that jeans are not the ideal clothing in which to practice free-mounting; loose-fitting trousers that are generous in the crotch being the order of the day. The issue with any form of tight clothing around the nether regions is the gentlemen's appendages. 


To avoid a painful experience, one had to place the seat slightly to one side of one's crotch, such that said appendages are naturally moved to the other side. This avoids said appendages becoming trapped under one's arse when leaning forward to initiate movement or when dismounting. Jeans have the drawback that that tend to keep gentlemen's bits dead centre, which can be excruciating when actioning a free-mount.

The older the unicycling gentleman is, the worse the problem, as the effects of age and gravity on said gentleman's appendages becomes more pronounced... Too much detail!


No comments: