Thursday 28 May 2020

Nested Communications in Space


Overheard in a socially distanced Tesco queue:

A gentleman with very a very well developed physique, very broad shoulders and not a stranger at the gym is standing in front of The Chairman, clutching a pink shopping bag.

Chairman: "With shoulders like that you shouldn't be clutching a pink shopping bag; however, with shoulders like that I don't think anyone is going to argue with you."

He smiled and then laughed - thankfully.

One of my pensions is a NEST pension. They have set me up with an on-line mailbox through which I'm sent important messages. However, when they have sent me a message to my NEST mailbox, they send me a letter to tell me there's a message waiting for me in my NEST mailbox. Why can't they simply mail me with the pertinent message, or send me an email to say there's a message waiting for me in my NEST mailbox? Seems an awful waste of paper and effort.

It struck me yesterday that if there are lots of jobs Brits won't countenance and prefer immigrants to do (fruit picking being just one example), our standard of living must have progressed considerably since the days when Brits did do those jobs.

I took a photo of Musk's Space X craft docking with the ISS last night at 9:45pm.


Good, isn't it? The detail you can get on mobile phones these days is just phenomenal.


No comments: