Friday 14 August 2020

QI Haircut


Overheard while Hay was cutting my hair yesterday:

Hay: "How can hairdressers justify the exorbitant prices they charge?"

Chairman: "I'll tell you once I have a look at your effort and decide whether I have to visit Franklin's on the High street and pay them £10 to sort out any mess."


That image isn't my bonce, by the way. Hay actually did a good job and I won't be going to the barber's anymore. I always say you can tell when someone is getting old - it's when they don't give a toss how their haircut looks, as long as it's functional.

When we were away last weekend I was using the UK TopoMaps app to track our progress while walking up Fan-y-Big and back. TopoMaps is very power hungry and so I took my power bank with me to ensue I could charge my phone on-the-go. I ended up with the power bank in my haversack and the charging lead snaked over my back to my pocket, where I kept the phone. Rather cumbersome to say the least.

It struck me that it would be a good idea to have a power bank, sufficient for a couple of complete charges (so nothing too hefty), that could simply be clipped to my phone and charge it wirelessly. All the power bank QI chargers that I can find rely on you putting your phone on the wireless charging pad of the power bank and leaving it there - there are none that physically clip to the phone so you can keep it in your pocket and effortlessly use it on-the-go. Doubtless someone has developed one, but I can't find it.


No comments: