Wednesday 16 August 2023

The Welding Gear Box

On Monday I was searching for the collar that goes on my arc welder's spot welding attachment. I was also searching high and low for a flange/locking nut for one of my two grinders. I couldn't find them anywhere. I even asked Hay's dad and No. 1 Son to cast their eyes around the garage, but to no avail.


Today I noticed there was a box in the workshop on which I'd written Welding Stuff, so I thought I'd have a look in it - and there is was. How idiotic for someone to put some welding stuff in a box that has Welding Stuff written on the side - pure idiocy.

The locking nut manifested itself when I took the twisted wire brush off the grinder - I'd inadvertently put 3 locking nuts on it - two that belonged to it and one from the grinder that was missing a nut.

Losing things I've just put down is getting to be a habit. I had to get Hay's dad to phone my mobile yesterday to find my phone in the garage - it was in the GT6. I've fixed a couple of magnetic tool holders to the wall in the garage so I can lodge tools there temporarily once used, rather than losing them among the detritus on the floor or somewhere in the GT6.


No comments: