Friday 3 May 2013

House Update


Bespoke stainless steel cooker hood/extractor arrived yesterday, and very nice it is too, despite my initial misgivings on Hay's choice of a country kitchen meets post-industrial wasteland.


It's been variously described as a urinal, a bath and a boat. It will be fitted the week after next, when both Colin and the fabricator are available.

So impressed with the fabricator's work that I may get him to make the missing leaf  for the oak dining table from stainless steel - that would look spectacular, not to say unique.

Damned glad I installed the block and tackle in the main minstrel gallery - a rather heavy tallboy arrived yesterday and hoisting it up into the bedroom was the only way of getting it up there.

Been busy buying art deco oak furniture off eBay like it was going out of fashion, if you get my drift. My massive, oak, roll-top desk was a steal at £350 (I was the only bidder); a set of 1920s dining chairs and a chair for the desk arrive today, among other various items.


The next project will be a guest chalet cum office, and I quite like this idea, although I balk at the price.



No comments: