Saturday 28 July 2018

Big Hair Nostalgia


A mystery package was delivered in the post yesterday, addressed to Haylay. I opened it and found this inside.


Hay must have sourced it from a fragrance museum. I think she's reliving the 80s. Here's a drawing of her in the 80s that adorns one of our walls, complete with 80s Big Hair.


Fell on my arse for the first time while skating yesterday. I blame the Tesco car park - it's not as high quality as the Waitrose one. Luckily the protective gear saved my elbow from being smashed to smithereens. I've been gingerly getting back into the skating since the knee problem, but limiting it to about 10 or 20 minutes every 2 or 3 days, very early in the morning, to keep my hand in.

One thing that has been eluding me is turning - I can turn by slightly adjusting my feet as I skate with no problem, but turning simply by leaning over to one side so as to gain a smaller turning arc has proven problematic. I've finally sussed how to do it (you have to scissor your legs while leaning), but haven't yet fully mastered the technique.


No comments: