Friday 21 December 2018

God's Chocolate Sundae Vikings


What's the betting that a couple of Russians are innocently holidaying around Gatwick Airport? Talking of Russians; if Putin thinks Brexit is a good idea (along with Trump), then perhaps it's not such a good idea. Cui bono.

The Christmas cake I made! I don't like marzipan and Hay isn't that enamoured with icing. We came up with the perfect solution that we both like:


We're going to melt some Lidl orange chocolate and pour it over the top.

Found some frosted sundae glasses in a local charity shop yesterday - perfect for the wine glass chandelier. Been looking for a decent set of frosted glasses for ages, but they only seem to come up in singles, hideous colours or in plastic.


they were a snip at £16 for six. Just need to find another couple of dozen from somewhere now...

Talking of Sundaes; Old Sodbury's No.1 atheist - aka yours truly - has been asked to do a reading at the carol service in the local church on Sunday evening. I agreed, as I did last year (no-one else would volunteer in the group I'm representing). It's becoming a regular feature and I'm starting to think I'm a conversion project for them.

The reading is from Micah 5 2:5 and I might stumble over the word Ephrathah - several times. That'll teach them! I wouldn't mind, but the reading makes little sense; it's one of those 'hedge-your-bets prophesies that can be taken an million different ways. The last bit could be said to be coming to fruition now - something about Assyrians treading on the soil of the soil of Israel being given short shrift by some shepherds.

Didn't realise Johnny Mathis was the US Defence Secretary; didn't even know he was a general.

Is it me, or has the Amazon series Vikings suffered the ultimate fate of all these series and gone a bit daft? I'm finding it increasingly hard to remain focused on it and wander off to do the washing up or clean out my shed, etc.


1 comment:

Steve Borthwick said...

Be bold! Read something by Bertrand Russell :)