Saturday 9 February 2019

Note 9 Opinon


One of the features that drew me to the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was the battery life. Had it for nearly a week now and, despite relatively heavy usage (I'm a geek when it comes to new phones), the battery life has surprised me - it hasn't fallen below 25%.


Yesterday it was about 13 hours between unplugging it in the morning and plugging it in again before going to bed, and it was still at 37% the next morning. That's a vast improvement on the Samsung Galaxy S8+.

The S-Pen issue caused by my initial magnetic cover has been resolved - Amazon agreed to a refund. A new cover arrived on Thursday and, despite it having a magnetic clasp, the clasp is sufficiently movable for me to increase the distance between it and the phone, rendering the S-Pen usable once more, 

Transferring apps and data from old phones, despite them all being Samsungs, has been a problem in the past and it has taken me days to effect transfers. Not this time - I was up and running within a couple of hours. I don't even need my external 128GB SD card either, as the onboard, 128GB RAM is more than sufficient for my 62GB of Dropbox data.

I still haven't explored the phone's full capability. One criticism I read about is the size, but it's no larger than my old S8+ and I have no problem putting it in my pocket.

Overall I am impressed.


No comments: