Wednesday 22 May 2019

Corvid May


Am I missing something in Mrs May's latest announcement?

As I read it, she's asking Parliament to vote for her deal, which effectively takes No Deal off the table, and then to vote on whether we have a 2nd referendum which, given the foregoing, means a referendum with two options - her deal or remain. 

For Remainers, what's not to like?

A bit of a sad day yesterday. Over the weekend we noticed an injured corvid limping around our garden. Yesterday I saw the same bird (at least I think it was) stumbling around the Kwik Fit car park, just down the road. When I approached it, the bird didn't seem the least bit afraid of me. I left it for a while and about half an hour later saw it standing in the middle of the road. Not wanting it to be hit by a passing car, I placed it in a safer position. It was obvious that it was badly injured or suffering from illness. Coming back a little later I was horrified to see it had died.