Wednesday 29 May 2019

That Which Was Lost Will be Found


Regarding yesterday's post analysing the European Election results - it was pointed out to me that allocating percentages of the Tory or Labour vote to Remain and Leave is based on self-identification via opinion polls prior to the European Election, which does not take into account tactical voting in this instance. Many of the Labour and Tory hard Brexiteers may well have voted for the Brexit Party, while those among the Tory and Labour Remainers had voted for one or other of the Remain parties, which makes the rump of Tory and Labour voters difficult to categorise. Nevertheless, it remains impossible to translate the vote into anything meaningful, let alone a referendum result or a General Election result due to the low turnout. Also many see these elections as a means of kicking the government without risking a change of government.

Overheard on Messenger:

Hay: "Going to Aldi - anything you need?"

Chairman: "Tools."

On Monday I had occasion to fly up to Edinburgh to pick up a car and drive it back. Now I always, without fail, get my haversack searched due to me having a Genius Boost car starter pack in the bag, which obviously sets off some alarm, but on this occasion it was a full removal of every single item.

As the security woman laid out the contents of my bag, I spotted a pack of e-cigarette atomisers that I thought I'd lost and had been nestling in the bottom of my bag. I thanked her for finding them - she laughed.


It takes a woman to find the things you misplace...

No comments: