Friday 10 May 2024

Recovery Operation

We went to the campsite on the Isle of Purbeck where we stayed 2 weeks ago and where I lost No.1 Son's drone in a tree. I took along several large marquee poles that slot together in order to poke the drone from its nest, as well as my battle rope, which I intended to put round the tree and the Galaxy's tow bar to give the tree a bit of a shake.

I needn't have bothered - someone had found it on the ground a few days ago and it was in their lost property. Why no-one answered my email is a mystery, but all's well that ends well. The finder even refused my £25 reward.


A slight crack on the undercarriage from where it hit the deck when falling out of the tree, but that's eminently fixable with a few dabs of superglue. No other damage.

When I got it home, No.1 Son put it through its paces and it passed with flying colours - if you'll forgive the pun. At least I've managed to save myself having to fork out another £250.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

😀

David Boffey said...

' as is any country in the world. It's not a European contest, it's merely held and organised by the European Broadcasting Union.'
Actually, no

"Active members (as opposed to associate members) of the European Broadcasting Union are eligible to participate; active members are those who are located in states that fall within the European Broadcasting Area, or are member states of the Council of Europe.[50] Active members include media organisations whose broadcasts are often made available to at least 98% of households in their own country which are equipped to receive such transmissions.[51] Associate member broadcasters may be eligible to compete, dependent on approval by the contest's Reference Group.[52]"