Saturday 16 June 2012

Not Worth Doing Business With?


I was in a meeting in Genoa on Wednesday - nice glitzy meeting room with all the usual refinements; however, the only water on display was in a jug with come ice cubes. 

It was hideous - not a drop of expensive, designer mineral water to be had, not even that crappy Scottish stuff that tastes of hydrocarbons (not that you'd find that in Italy anyway).

I could tell my host was embarrassed when he caught my eye critically evaluating the jugged water. He probably thought I was going to phone the International Court of Human Rights and demand an immediate arrest. 

I have to ask myself: "Is this business worth dealing with?"


2 comments:

Tim said...

LOL

the fly in the web said...

I expect it's one of the rules imposed my Mario Monti.