Sunday 25 August 2013

e-Dilemma


I've solved the UK airport e-Passport immigration queue dilemma. 

If you're lucky enough to arrive at the e-Passport queue and are 4th or 5th in line, then stay where you are - you have a good chance of getting through to the other side within 10 or 15 minutes (providing you don't have a pensioner in front of you). 

If you're in position 6 and above, go for the manual queue, no matter if it stretches back to the plane you arrived on.

There's something inherently evil about a system that is meant to speed up the immigration process, but actually stretches it out beyond the bounds of credulity.


1 comment:

Phil Nicholas said...

LOL.. I always use my Aussie Passport simply because they stamp it so I have records for tax etc.. The other day when I came in from Hamburg the line was out of the building so I used my E passport for the first time... I was about 6th in line and I ended up showing the 4 in front how to use it... Talk about the blind helping the blind... I'd never used it before so I wanted to see how it worked before I made a Wally of myself when it was my turn... I was through in 4-5 mins and out of the airport in 16 mins from the gate to the car.