Thursday 22 May 2014

Immigrants, Steak, Elections, Cabbages and Kings


Apparently mozzies are moving into British cities - I wonder what UKIP has to say about that, almost as bad a Pikeys.

A few months ago we discovered skirt steak, also known as hanger steak or butchers' steak (and onglet by the French). It's a relatively thin cut from the underbelly and at £8 a kilo is less than half the price of your more usual rump or sirloin - but is, in my opinion, twice as tasty. It's best flash-fried rare or medium-rare and served sliced. Because it's so cheap, we have it at least once a week.

Anyhow, we had some left over in the fridge last night and I had a mouthful, cold, with salt and pepper. Now I have no idea who first thought of putting salt and pepper on meat, but the combination of cold, rare steak, salt and pepper is heavenly and an inspiration. I could never go veggie.

No idea who I'm meant to be voting for today - haven't heard from any of the candidates and haven't even received a voting slip through the post. All I have to go on is the party political propaganda broadcasts on TV and will just show up at the village polling station with some ID, hoping inspiration will hit me in time.

I'm not a fan of the EU, have no time for Ed Milliband (but admired his brother), don't trust Cameron's promises and would never vote for a single issue party like UKIP, the Greens or the Monster Raving Loony Party.

Need to find an Irascible, Country's Going to the Dogs Party. How about the Absolute Monarchy Party? Enlightened dictatorships and absolute monarchies at least have something going for them - they don't have to make false promises or pander to the lowest common denominator, however, the drawbacks are unthinkable - kings-in-waiting can start wars with Russia.


1 comment:

Steve Borthwick said...

I hope those mozzies don't expect to claim benefits, you know what a bunch of ruthless bloodsuckers they can be...