Tuesday 2 June 2015

Hollywood Childcare


The government wants to depress wages by flooding the market with mothers through the auspices of doubling the number of free childcare hours they can get. At least that's one interpretation.

Talking of interpretations, saw an advert on TV for some Rimmel makeup containing cucumber extract. That'll be water then. 

Today's photo from the archives is one of my father in one of those artistic, Hollywood style photos prevalent in the 30s and 40s.


He rarely smiled on his early photos, something I'm averse to myself and always get stick about. I guess he was in his late 20s  or early 30s when this was taken, and by the cut and pattern of his tie, probably when he was in the US picking up Liberty ships toward the end of WWII.

Closed down my laptop properly last night rather than simply closing the lid. That's probably the first time I've done that in some 2 years. 


No comments: