Monday 5 September 2016

British Burqa Circa 1950s


Went to Stourhead yesterday - yet another National Trust property. There were some books on sale in the gift shop targeted at people who were born in the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. Being a child of the 50s I naturally gravitated to the one for the 50s and found this image of a 1950s British burqa:


Just goes to show....

The 50s and easly 60s were the days when your mum would buy clothes that would fit you in 12 to 24 months time, so we all wandered about fully covered, even in shorts.

Found out on Saturday that, due to the exploding battery issue (can only be due to ISIS having infiltrated the factory), the delivery date on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been delayed by 2 weeks. That means I have to soldier on with my old Note 3, the GPS on which decided to give up the ghost yesterday. Had to dismantle it when I got home and buff up the contacts on the GPS aerial, which happily solved the problem ahead of my trip to Hamburg this evening..


No comments: