Saturday 16 June 2018

Up-Cycled Poldark Scythe


Given we've allowed the garden to go to seed and mown paths through it in the interests of ecology, the ride-on-mower now can't cope with the once-a-year cutting - it's simply too long.

Hay spotted a local scything course and has booked me on it for today. Personally I think she was thinking more about Aidan Turner in Poldark than the sight of me scything the grass bare-chested. The only problem is that it's forecast to rain this morning.


 I was of the opinion that a scythe was in the region of £100 plus, but I found some all-metal ones on eBay for just over £30 from Ireland. Must get myself one in time for the harvesting season.

When I spoke with the guy who is doing the tuition, he said Aidan Turner's technique is crap and he wouldn't cut much grass with it.

Being a keen up-cycler, I was impressed with the ingenuity shown in the following images, if not with the safety...




No comments: