Tuesday 25 June 2019

Should Have Gone to Glasses Direct


Went for an eye test last week as reading is becoming more difficult. Seems my prescription has changed slightly, added to which I need something called a prismatic correction.

Hay said; "Get some new glasses from Glasses Direct - I got two pairs for £23." £160 later (I had a £30 discount voucher) I now have a pair of prismatic varifocal normal specs with anti-glare coating on order, along with a pair of sunglasses to the same prescription.

A far cry from Hay's £23, but much cheaper than my usual spectacles emporium. 10 to 14 days delivery, as they have to be made from scratch, and a 90 day trial period. 


I've been finding it hard to cope with car headlight glare at night, which is one of the key instigators of getting some new specs, but then the other day I saw a report from the RAC about headlight glare increasing over time. Seems it's not just me.


No comments: