Thursday 14 November 2019

Left Hand vs Right Hand


Now, NHS England tells us that we should use pharmacists more, rather than go to the GP, thereby alleviating the pressure on GPs.

I have what looks like a slight fungal infection in the cuticle of one of my nails (Hay agrees, so that is the most likely diagnosis), resulting in a furrow in the nail from top to bottom (a wave in the 'thwartships direction), commonly known as Beau's Lines. I've had it quite a while and so Hay advised me to go to the pharmacist, as per the established NHS advice; the pharmacist tells me to go to my GP. Could she simply be risk-averse?


It looks similar to the nail on the left above, but with the fungal spot of the one on the right..

If I do go to the GP, I'm fully expecting him so say that I should have simply gone to the pharmacist for a non-prescription fungicide. Watch this space...

I'm progressing in leaps and bounds with regard to the unicycling - this week has produced massive improvement for no obvious reason. I can now traverse the full 22 yards of the support rail, without touching it once, on 8 out of 10 attempts. My right arm does all the balancing while the left hovers over the rail in case I stumble. Launching myself into unsupported territory is still a psychological leap I have yet to make, but it won't be long.

Yesterday I got chatting to a Tesco security guard who oversees the video surveillance of the car park and he said he'd been following my progress with interest remotely, as he had with my rollerblading. It turned out we had a shared interest in kayaking.


No comments: