Monday 1 May 2023

Yes There Are Two Paths You can Go By....

Hay and her sister have marked out the mown paths to delineate the unmown areas that benefit the creepy crawlies and small mammals. 


Rather pointless, if you ask me; it just provides a larder for the six cats in the area, interspersed with killing areas. The paths are the lighter areas.

It's an absolute pain in late summer when it has to be cut, but I'm thinking of hiring a modern equivalent of the Oxford Allen scythe for a day to make it easier. Only £55, so worth it.


There is a Stiga power scythe for sale locally at £395, but it's second hand and the price is the equivalent of hiring one for nearly 8 years, without the maintenance.


It has a few spots of rust on it too.

Talking of rust; my mower deck is finally back from the bloke I gave it to for welding. He promised it fixed and back with me within a week - that was last October. Needless to say, I was not best pleased with him, although the job was fantastic.


Going to apply a liberal coating of Hammerite before mounting it to the tractor unit.

I much prefer a smooth, green sward of mown grass to run the mower across.


No comments: