Saturday 22 June 2019

Consequences of Getting Older


I'm usually first into work in the mornings, getting in just after 7am, between half to one hour before everyone else, meaning I open up the place. Yesterday I approached the front door, having both arms full of equipment and my keys in my right hand. As I approached the door I blipped my car key fob at the door and was rather surprised that the door didn't open. It then suddenly dawned on me what I'd done.


It was my eldest grandson's 7th birthday on Thursday and I bought him a fancy kids' watch from Amazon. Somehow I managed to order two of the damned things by accident and there isn't another grandchild's birthday till the end of the year.


I suppose it will grown on me. I'm certainly not paying £3.99 for the privilege of sending it back to Amazon.


No comments: