Wednesday 15 November 2023

Grinder Accident

Had an accident with the grinder last week while working on the GT6. A thin cutting disk came apart and flew into my body. It didn't hurt and didn't penetrate the jumper I was wearing, but the next day Hay noticed a hideous bruise on my stomach.


I never noticed it. However, it was enough of a warning to fix the guard to the grinder.

At least the welding on the near side wheel arch of the GT6 is now finished and the wing is firmly attached to the inner wing.

between n

My recurring nightmare with this rebuild is competing the car and, on its first test drive, panels start pinging off as welds part. However, I think I've gone for overkill.

The body is now ready to come off the chassis, but space dictates that I can't really achieve that till after winter so, between now and then, I'll just focus on reworking aby welds I think require a bit more beef and ensuring the bodywork is really, really smooth.

It doesn't, however, preclude me from starting work on the bonnet and cropping out the rot. Lack of funds means I can't buy any replacement panels yet though. I know what I want for Christmas presents.


No comments: