Saturday 20 June 2009

Fancy Flying

Got to leave early for Cornwall today, so I'll leave you with a time-delayed posting of a few pics a mate of mine who is a yacht broker in Antibes (and with whom I was a navigating cadet in the 70s) sent me of a neat little manoeuvre that could potentially have gone very wrong.




How about this next one? I don't think I've put it on the blog before, but I may be mistaken. An old school friend of mine, Josh, is the captain. She was being built last year in Germany, is called simple the 'A' and belongs to Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko (never heard of him). She was designed by Philippe Starck, who has no history as a naval architecht (it shows) and looks like the HQ of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.


There are more recent photos of her here.

The above photos should enlarge if clicked on.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful looking yacht! I'd love to be that rich.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

What that must have cost, designed by Philippe Starck, could only be guessed at - It looks mad!

Chairman Bill said...

Dave: Can't say I'm impressed. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to vessels.

Woman: You said it.