Sunday 22 October 2017

Charity Shop Finds in Concorde


Struck gold in one of the local charity shops yesterday. Firstly that dress that went viral a few months ago when people couldn't agree on its colour (it's categorically black and gold).



Then a couple of pieces of genuine Ming Ching Hampton porcelain...


No.1 Son went to Bristol yesterday afternoon to have a look at the new Concorde Museum. Nice photo he took.


Hay watched the last episode of Rellik last night on catch-up. Thank Christ for that! I spent the time fiddling around with my smartphone.


8 comments:

A Heron's View said...

I am very proud of the work and years that I spent on the development of Concordé. Plus the added bonus that in doing so it paid the mortgage and provided many extras.

Chairman Bill said...

What did you do, Mel?

A Heron's View said...

I moved from Naval Architecture to Aeronautical Design it having a similarity.
I worked for a sub contract Engineering Design Consultant who farmed me out on a variety of projects on the SST aircraft as it was known before being named Concordé.
So : Fuel Test Rig, Air frame structures - include the actual final portholes/windows design. The feel chassis which had three distinct methods of operating the aircraft systems if unfortunately one or even two failed there was a third backup.
I met and worked alongside some very intelligent people including a few mathematicians to whom I owe for shaping my thinking... and oh I have the tie somewhere hidden in a drawer.

Chairman Bill said...

Where were you based?

A Heron's View said...

Filton

Chairman Bill said...

Just up the road - so you're a local.

A Heron's View said...

No, not exactly that was where the particular BAC plant was. My agent was based in Bath and I lived on the Mendip Hills :-)

Chairman Bill said...

Nice area - Crook Peak was a nice walk for us earlier in the year.