Wednesday 10 February 2021

Winter Warmer

Overheard.

Hay; "I dread to hear you utter the words 'I'm going to make.....', as it usually heralds a couple of weeks of clearing up after you."

I think Hay's current bugbear is the hibachi grill, which is inexplicably tending to leave lots of cement stains wherever I happen to be working. The cold has precluded me doing any work on it for a while, and she's quite happy about that.

Just for a change, despite the underfloor heating - and for the first time in probably 5 years - we decided to light the wood burner last night.


The problem with lighting the fire is that once it gets up to speed it knocks out the thermostat for the underfloor heating, allowing the floor to cool. Do it too long and it takes forever to heat the floor up again, so we retain the wood burner for emergency purposes only - which thus far has meant never.


No comments: