Friday 20 November 2015

Classical Shorts


The yellow rose in our garden is still producing flowers, the crocosmia I planted in September for next year are coming up, and I'm STILL in shorts. It may all change next week though.

Classical Gas. I love it, but am I the only person who thinks it was completely ruined by the horns in the middle, which gave it a hideously kitsch quality? The start is sublime; when the orchestra comes in it sends a tingle through me; when the trombones come in it's ruined and I want to switch off. It does recover, but the damage has been done.




3 comments:

Richard said...

Completely agree with you about the horns ruining it
in Classical gas; I think you will agree with me that this
attch. suffers in the same way ie makes it sound a bit
kitsch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM

Chairman Bill said...

Just a tad. I feel I'm qualified to join them as principle gong player.

Chairman Bill said...

PS - would you not agree that the theme tune from The Prisoner took something from Classical Gas, I'm thinking specifically the orchestra bit?