Tuesday 28 August 2018

Dead Walled Garden Friends


I'm getting to the stage where I believe I will have to have a clear-out of my Facebook Friends. I'm certain there's more than a smattering of dead people in the list.

I'm left on my own with No.1 and No.2 Sons while Hay has gone off to Oxwich Bay in The Gower to chaperone her dad and his lady friend - it's the lady friend's birthday treat. We've really become enamoured with Wales of late and it's our new Devon / Cornwall, and it's a lot nearer, being just over the Severn Crossing.

Rather than AirBnB-ing, they're staying at an hotel. I don't think Hay's dad's lady friend would take too well to AirBnB - she likes her creature comforts and isn't into having to possibly muck in (or even muck out, as one may have to do in certain places with animals).

When in Pembroke last weekend we visited yet another National Trust property - we certainly get our money's worth from the NT) - Llanerchaeron. A Georgian house with simply the most beautiful and largest walled garden I've ever seen.














2 comments:

boromax said...

Beautiful, impressive gardens!!

Chairman Bill said...

One of the best I have seen in the UK.