Thursday 23 August 2018

Menopausal Soya Milk


Hay has developed a gut problem which she's managed to trace, she thinks, to milk and a post-menopausal change in her ability to process it. This has resulted in her moving to soya milk as a trial. I consider Soya milk to be the Devil's invention; however, it's brilliant for making her coffee in the evenings as I can bung it in the microwave and it never boils over (I take my coffee black). With ordinary milk, I put it on high for 2 minutes, keeping an eye on it to catch it before it boils over at anywhere from 40 seconds remaining. With the soya milk I can just forget about it till the microwave bings. Sure it boils, but it doesn't explode like cow's milk.


Damned stuff costs an arm and a leg though, but Hay is reporting fewer gut transit symptoms. That said, I blame her problems on the vast quantities of vegetables we're now eating following having bought Rukmini Iyer's The Green Roasting Tin book. Must say I'm totally sold on her books.


No comments: