Friday 31 August 2018

Roller Upgrade


My Rollerblades are not very well made and one boot in particular hurts my inner left ankle due to a misalignment of my ankle and the depression within the boot designed to accommodate it. So, I decided to buy a new pair and found these on Amazon at half price - soft boot Rollerblades. The original price was 90 quid, but I got them for 38.


The difference is phenomenal. My old boots were solid, rigid plastic, noisy as hell and it was difficult to get up any speed on anything other than a very smooth surface. Also, it was painful to skate for longer than 20 minutes, so using them to get into town and back (the ultimate aim) was a definite no-no.

These new ones are as comfortable as a pair of slippers, totally silent and glide across the most uneven surface like it's ice. It's like moving from a tricycle to a racing bike. It took me some 5 to 10 minutes to get used to them during this morning's practice session at Tesco and I nearly came a cropper a couple of times. Turning is so easy too - you can actually control your turns like a dream. It's a whole new experience and has ramped up my enthusiasm, which I have to admit was waning slightly.

The Chairman's recommendation on Rollerblading is not to skimp on cost when purchasing Rollerblades - don't go for the cheapest and go for a soft-boot, especially if you're in your 60s.


2 comments:

boromax said...

Impressive. ...imagining myself on foot-wheels of any kind fills me with frightful trepidation.

Chairman Bill said...

I highly recommend it.