Thursday 1 November 2018

Plumb Centre Voice Pump


Finally got down to the practical session on the 6th and final week of the plumbing course I've been attending. My friend Dave set up a basic home plumbing system in his workshop with bits missing, inviting us to each choose a bit and complete it. I chose a couple of joints, selecting to complete them in the old fashioned way, without the aid of a separate joining piece.


The task was made harder by being told (as we had already been shown) not to burn the chipboard backing, the burning of which apparently shows a poorly trained plumber. My effort was pronounced perfect.

I then moved on to a 3 way joint with a T piece.


Again, it was pronounced perfect.

My only gripe with the course was that there was a little too much emphasis on the theoretical, whereas all I wanted was the practical. Nonetheless, it was a worthwhile £60.

I was reading some emails from the Old Boys of my school yesterday where some engineers were talking about modern electronic equipment, such as TVs. I was scanning an email without paying too much attention and misread the words 'service pump' as 'voice pump' and thought what a good name for a mobile phone.


2 comments:

Roger said...

How did you swage the pipe?

Chairman Bill said...

A former that you simply hammer in.