Saturday 12 January 2019

Shoe Rubber Gods


I know people who are continually trashing their smartphone screens, something I have never done before in my life - until yesterday. I'm usually so careful and have a phone wallet, but I was fumbling around in the dark while getting dressed and nudged the phone from the tallboy in the bedroom. Had it fallen direct on the floor it probably would have been fine, but it had my vape stick on top of it and it was that which broke the screen. Vaping is dangerous! Thank heavens I'm due an upgrade in February.

I was changing a tyre on the car yesterday and decided to see what mileage one is meant to get from a tyre, with the popular consensus being 20,000 miles. I then looked up how many miles a pair of shoes lasted, which seems to be anywhere between 300 and 1,000 miles, depending on the type. It makes you wonder why tyre makers don't get into making long lasting shoes, or phone protectors.

The local Jehova's Witnesses called round yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't around to harangue them and try to convert them to atheism. After a session with me they usually leave with an expression on their faces that says; "These atheists are bloody persistent." 

They left a copy of The Watchtower, which had a caption on the front asking; "Who is God?"


I was surprised Hay didn't show them...


The dog slipper against the cat flap? Don't ask - long story. In essence though, Colin, our builder, is constructing a porch for the back door, which is really the front door. Not my slipper, either.


No comments: