Wednesday 5 October 2022

New Hobby

Guess what my new hobby is from this photograph.


Here's a couple of clues.


Oh, hang on, those are the clues for the other hobby - the one we don't talk about. Here are the clues I meant....



Hay and I have become addicted to the TV programme, Gone Fishing, with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer. It's not so much the fishing as the anarchic repartee and places they stay, but even the fishing has grown on me to the extent I want to try my hand at some fly fishing. 

Both Paul and Bob had cardiac health scares some years ago and the programme was a therapeutic adventure. Poor old Bob wasn't feeling well last weekend and had to be admitted to hospital.

When we go away in the motorhome, more often than not we're very near a river or the sea. Sea fly fishing might seem illogical, but it's apparently a thing and is growing in popularity.

I got the fly rod from e-Bay on a house clearance. Same with the flies. Hay is convinced they'll be back on e-Bay before a year is out.


No comments: