Saturday 29 July 2023

Motorhome Repair

Finally repaired the damage on the motorhome where the wind-out canopy fell off and took huge chunks of fibreglass with it.


I was hampered by the use of the litres of epoxy I had left over from when I was making lampshades from cloth and epoxy; it takes each coat some 24 hours to dry, rather than the minutes it takes for commercial fibreglass epoxy. Wasn't going to waste it though.

Didn't bother repainting the decal lines, as matching the colour would be a nightmare, so I merely feathered them with white paint.




I covered the damage on the interior with large, stainless steel plates, just in case I manage to repair the old wind-out awning and cassette and decide to reinstall it at some time in the future. 

These plates will provide a helluva lot more strength than the postage stamp plates that were used originally. Can't help feeling someone had done a bodge, home install, rather than having it done professionally.


No comments: