Sunday 16 July 2023

The Borrower

No more posts from me for a while on the GT6 after this one. I need to get on with it.

Found a 14cfm compressor which is not used due to the noise it produces. I offered to buy it from my contact in the trade, who I occasionally do some work for, but he wants to keep it as a backup; however, he has no problem with me borrowing it while I'm rebuilding the GT6 and could consider selling it at some time in the future - but borrowing it is sufficient for me at the sandblaster stage.


I'm also borrowing his spraying space when it's not in use for his own cars, and when the time is right.


Steve, who works in this space, has offered to spray the GT6 when I get to the topcoat stage - at mates' rates. I'd rather have a professional do it, due to my unfamiliarity with modern, water-based paints and metallics. I'm fine with the prep and primer stage and, if I was doing it in flat cellulose, I'd do it myself.


No comments: