Saturday 5 October 2024

Gizmo

Bought another gizmo - a scrolling LED light display for the back of my car. I had bought one on e-Bay, but it turned out to be from China, took 3 weeks to arrive and broke within 24 hours. Pointless trying to return it.


Here's a short video showing what it does.


I programmed some other choice messages peppered with some Anglo Saxon expressions, but they're not for the delicate eyes of my readers, unless they're my old school or sea chums.

The Chinese one had a dedicated, Bluetooth remote and programming it was a nightmare. The replacement, however, is programmable via a phone App and much simpler to use. It plugs into the cigar lighter in the back of the Galaxy for power.

Obviously, if you want to change the message while driving, your passenger will have to perform the task, as you can't touch your phone while driving. I bought it mainly for motorway driving and, if I'm on the motorway in the Galaxy, I will invariably have Hay sitting in the passenger seat to flash rude messages at drivers trying to get into my boot.


No comments: