Thursday 10 October 2024

Growing Old Disgracefully

Last week I decided to have one more tattoo - a badger, it being Hay's nickname for me, and so very personal and meaningful. I'm stopping it from scabbing over by using coconut oil during the day, which has a mild antiseptic quality, and Savlon in the evenings. It has scabbed slightly, which was only to be expected, but they will disappear within a few days.


I was originally going to have the white tattooed as white, rather than just heaving it as skin colour, but the edges would have been rather stark and white tends to yellow with time. The eye, however, was picked out in white for added emphasis.

The options I compiled to choose from were as follows:











I quite liked the final one, but Hay persuaded me to go for the one I ended up with. The Bad Badger with the guns is the emblem we have on the side of the motorhome and would have been more apt, but Hay thinks it's too Gangsta.


Hay's under instruction to make a nice lampshade from my tattoos when I kick the bucket. Well, perhaps not a nice one, but perhaps an interesting one.


No comments: