Thursday 3 October 2024

Pink Floyd Power Station

Had to deliver a car to an address in south London last week at 07:30. Set off at 4am to collect the car from work and then head east.

On the train back I couldn't resist this picture from my train seat:


However, there was no inflatable pig flying over it.

When I lived in Clapham in the 90s I remember you had unrestricted sight of the power station from the train, but now there's a whole bunch of glass buildings in the way and you can only see it when near to the Thames.

Talking of picking up and delivering cars, I had occasion to collect a Mercedes A45 from Wrexham last week. I was looking forward to putting it through its paces (it's a bit of a beast), but as soon as I put my foot down the bloody thing kept misfiring on all cylinders. HQ said to bring it back anyway, if I could. Even adding 5MPH to the speed on Cruise Control would set it misfiring.

My conclusion was that someone had done a very bad, amateur ECU remap on it, causing the valves to bounce on acceleration. It misfired on all modes, including Eco, which doubly confirmed my suspicions. It turned out to be both coil packs had failed. I can understand one coil pack failing, but two, simultaneously, is pretty rare.


No comments: