Monday 10 August 2015

Book Club Floyd


Can't decide whether this is David Beckham showing good musical taste, or a designer retro look.



Hay is a member of a book club. Sounds excruciating to me to have to read a book I have no interest in whatsoever, purely for the dubious pleasure of criticising it within a group. Anyway, they meet once a month at each other's houses in turn and to date we've managed to evade the honour for one reason or another. However, it's our turn in October and I'm wracking my brain to find a way of dissuading them from wanting to meet at our house ever again, as they start about 7 and don't finish till around 11pm. The current strategy centres around sitting at my laptop and making the odd tutting sound, while occasionally turning round and glaring at one or other of them. Any additional ideas are welcome.


4 comments:

Steve Borthwick said...

That's what Pub's are for!

Chairman Bill said...

But I don't habituate pubs just for solace. Anyway, that would just encourage them to come again.

Roger said...

How about a bad attack of flatulance?

A Heron's View said...

Take up the violin, I doubt if they will want to return.