Sunday 14 May 2017

Zen and the Art of Village Hall Painting


We spent a few hours yesterday morning as volunteers on the Village Hall Painting Party - it desperately needs a bit of a spruce up. 

As I don't have a pair of overalls, I had to find my oldest clothes and just take a risk either that I wouldn't get splattered with paint or I'd have to throw away the clothes.

As it transpired, not a single drop landed on me. Hay made the comment that had I been painting with gravy or wine, I'd have been covered in the stuff, an observation with which I had to  I had to concur.

Hay was covered in the stuff, but she was working in close proximity to the other blokes and it was wood primer paint from their brushes that landed on her. I, on the other hand, was working with wood undercoat in an area well away from the throng.

As I intimated a few weeks ago, I'm re-reading Robert Persig's 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'. Persig never actually mentioned to make of the motorcycle he used to make his trip, but on looking it up I found it was a Honda CB77 Super Hawk. Here are a few images of the CB77 in different guises.



4 comments:

Roger said...

I don't think that last photograph is of CB77. The engine is completely different and the bike looks too big.

Chairman Bill said...

I believe you're correct, Roger.

Roger said...

It was a decent bike in its day.i never had one,the frame was a little small for my 6' - 5"stance.

Chairman Bill said...

But we're you one with it?