Tuesday 16 October 2018

That Bloody TV


Bloody new TV!

Received the Digital Audio to AUX converter box yesterday and installed it between the TV and by Bose speaker. It works, but I can no longer control the volume via the TV remote's volume control. I can using a Bluetooth link, but not when it's a physical connection. How stupidly ridiculous is that? Seems I'm stuck with having to use a Blutooth connection and faffing about going through the rigmarole of reconnecting it every time I switch the TV on.


I have managed to switch off the UHD function, returning the look of an older telly, rather than it seeming as if I'm watching a garish TV advert or Eastenders all the time. Both Hay and I prefer the slightly fuzzy aspect of non-HD/UHD.

Pressing the Guide function on Freesat provides little or no information on the programmes on the channels, added to which I've lost half the satellite channels I had on my old Sky box. 

Might send the new TV back and buy an old 43 inch TV from someone who is converting to HD/UHD, which will cost me a fraction of the new TV's cost and return the functionality I've lost. Technological improvement is not always synonymous with progress.

Anyone got an old non-HD, 43 inch telly they're getting rid of?


5 comments:

Roger said...

If the Bose speaker has an HDMI connector you could try that to connect yo your TV then the TV remote should work for volume and you wouldn't have to worry about pairing the Blutooth.

Chairman Bill said...

Just Aux and Bluetooth, Roger

kate steeper said...

we still grieve out big old TV , our super duper rinky dinky smart tv is an abomination

Chairman Bill said...

Ditch it - the work of Satan....

boromax said...

"Technological advancement is not always synonymous with progress." True that. Quotable quote.