Sunday 16 December 2018

The Upcycled Festive Spirit


Overheard while the Chairman is faffing with his e-cig and considering changing the coil:

Chairman: "I think I need to change my...."

Hay: "Attitude?"

Hay started to decorate the house yesterday in preparation for Christmas. Her annual tree innovation was up to its normal standard - this year it's a branch from the apple tree and an ice theme:




I prepared the new chandelier with candles from IKEA:


The old Edwardian chair we'd bought for £30 was finally returned from the local upholsterer yesterday - cost was £300, including a complete rebuild, which was a snip considering another upholsterer wanted to charge £500 just for the reupholstering. Fit for another 100 years and well worth the money spent. I hadn't seen the upholsterer before, as Hay had conducted the negotiations. When I stepped into the shop I thought Johnny Vegas had come to Chipping Sodbury visit some relatives - he was a dead ringer.


Santa's Ghetto in Yate was gearing up for production yesterday, but I think Santa was on the bottle somewhere.


I would be, if I had to face the prospect of hordes of kids.


No comments: