Friday 26 April 2019

BP Vaxxer


Went to the doctor's the other day for my blood pressure medication blood levels. I also had to provide a blood pressure reading. Fortuitously there's a BP monitor in the waiting room at my surgery so, being 5 minutes early for my appointment, I took advantage of the machine, which is a huge affair. I placed my arm into the hole and, as the cuff was inflating, I saw my name flashed across the display board to go to room 13. However, I was trapped and could't move. The cuff kept inflating and had clamped my arm in a vice-like grip from which is was impossible to escape. My name flashed across the board again as the nurse grew impatient. Finally the pressure started to subside, the printout was ejected and I dashed to room 13. I apologised to the nurse and explained I was trapped in a blood pressure monitor. She laughed.

114/77 by the way - slightly lower than text book perfect. Meds are obviously working fine.

Talking of things medical, the anti-vaxxers are on the march again. I can understand why some people are worried - in their world no government source or scientist can be trusted to provide a truthful answer yet, paradoxically, conspiracy sites and Facebook can. Yet another example of counterfactual thinking. What they do is tantamount to child abuse - not only of their children, but those of other people who are too young to be vaccinated, as herd immunity is compromised.


All it will take is for someone's child to die of cross infection from a non-vaccinated child and it won't be long before a charge of manslaughter is brought against said anti-vaxxer parent. The poo will hit the proverbial fan and it will more likely happen in the USA.


1 comment:

Steve Borthwick said...

Agree on the anti-vax thing, so sad, we were doing so well on eradicating key infectious diseases and then Jenny McCarthy came along and every credulous snowflake started taking their medical advice from an ex-Playboy model rather than proper doctors with proper evidence. Some people really do deserve a Darwin award for that one, and yes, it's got class-action written all over it! We should do what they do in Italy and ban un-vaccinated kids from school IMO..