Monday 9 September 2019

Lesson Learned


Lost my new varifocal spectacles recently in a road accident - or, rather, a memory lapse. They are rimless and wiry, meaning it's impossible to fold them flat and tuck one arm into my T shirt top and have them dangling there. 

Given I intended to wear my prescription sunglasses, which are identical to my everyday specs, except in colour, I had to put my everyday specs into a case. While loading the car in preparation for a day out in South Wales the other weekend, I inadvertently left the case on the roof of the car. 

It was only after about 5 minutes of driving that I hearth a thump on the roof, but thought it was perhaps a pine cone falling on the car roof. I suddenly panicked and looked for my specs case, realising in a split second that the noise was my specs case tumbling off the roof and on to the busy road. 

We found the case, along with half of my specs. They'd been run over several times.


Given I rarely wear the prescription sunglasses, I thought about having them reglazed in clear glass as a cost saving measure, but there's nothing gained. I eventually ordered a new pair with a free pair thrown in.

That little exercise cost me £245 and was a lesson learned - check the car roof when going on a journey.


No comments: