Thursday 24 December 2020

Hacks

 The do say the world's greatest discoveries are made by chance.

I was poking at some heavy moss on the showroom forecourt yesterday (the preponderance of wet weather this year has produced an inordinate bloom of moss) and decided to give it a spray with some proprietary moss killer. 

I was suddenly struck by an idea - the wheel cleaner concentrate I use on car alloys, which works like magic, has numerous attributes and there's no moss at all where I valet the cars. I decided to conduct an experiment to see how efficacious it was on a patch of moss. The result was almost instantaneous.

Here's a patch half an hour after spraying with moss killer.


And here's a patch 5 minutes after spraying with wheel cleaner concentrate.


I now just need a volunteer to inject with it to determine its efficacy as a Covid vaccine....

On another tack, ever had your car headlight unit covered in condensation on the inside? Get some tin foil (you probably have a hat made of it) and place it over the offending headlight. If there's a cap on the back of the headlight for changing the bulb, remove it. Now switch on the headlight on full beam and leave it for half an hour or so. The tin foil will get quite hot and force the condensation to vaporise, escaping through the removed cap.

Don't leave it too long, as it can get very, very hot.


1 comment:

Roger said...

Dear sir,
Thank you for maintaining this blog daily. I look forward to it and read it every day.
I hope that you have a happy Christmas and I hope that you and yours stay healthy and happy in 2021.
Regards,
Roger