Tuesday 29 December 2020

Jumping Jehosaphat

Had occasion to attempt to start the bike up yesterday, which has been in dry storage at work for the last 4 months. However, the battery was labouring. 

I decided to recharge it, but it always pisses me off enormously that I have to remove the rear cowling cover and seat to get to the battery, added to which the battery terminals are tiny, meaning it's bloody difficult to attach normal sized charger clips.


I wish bikes had external jump start terminals, like some cars do, whereby you don't have to dig into the guts to effect a jump start. That said, I dare say more modern bikes have that feature - the Triumph Daytona is 22 years old, but you wouldn't know it to look at it - it almost looks as new as the day it was built and the design has aged incredibly well.


No comments: