Tuesday 7 December 2021

Spray Day

Spent Saturday fixing the Ford Galaxy's handbrake handle and spraying the replacement passenger wing mirror cover with primer, a topcoat of Ford Tango and some lacquer.




Bugger me, if on the car's first outing on Sunday, some idiot in the Tesco car park didn't clip my wing mirror. Luckily there was no damage.

Also managed to give the surfboard a couple of full coats of primer - it's looking good now.


It's been in the engine room curing for a couple of days. I have a 1m vinyl logo on order with the word "Clearwater" in Magneto font - cost about £15. That will go over the colour coat and underneath the lacquer coat. Given the grey primer is the same colour as the caravan decking, I may just use that as a topcoat, although a shimmery, metallic grey would be nicer.


Then comes the fixing of the surfboard to the two logs that will form the base of the surfboard seat, but  permanently, in such a manner that the seat can't be nicked by the odd tealeaf. I'll probably glue it and add a couple of recessed bolts glued into the logs that will make it a 3 or 4 man job to move it, but I'll do that on site at the caravan.


No comments: