Sunday 3 April 2022

Relapse

Had a relapse on the eyes on Saturday.

I was having a go at making a couple of resined cloth lampshades from the material Hay had bought me for my birthday. I was careful as hell that I washed my hands thoroughly after using the hand gel to remove the resin from my hands, but it seems it wasn't enough.

The series of photos below commence from the 29th March, when I posted about the problem and it was receding, the last couple being the relapse photos.






And - bang! Saturday.


And getting slightly better today as a result of taking antihistamines straight away.


As you can see though, the shades have worked out well.




I used the bee motif fabric; however, I'm going to wait for the pure liquid hand sanitiser to arrive before I make any more. I'm convinced it's the gel sanitiser that's causing the reaction - unless it's the oil I'm using (like a nut allergy), but I changed from olive oil to corn oil for this session, as it's less yellow and doesn't stain.

It can't be the resin itself, as I've been working with that for months, although Hay thinks differently, but I'm going on the evidence to hand. I will, however, start wearing disposable, rubber gloves when I recommence manufacturing.

Anyway, using the rotary cutter with the cutting board and the aluminium sheet was a cinch, reducing the cloth cutting time by 90%. 


2 comments:

Geo. said...

May have developed an allergy to resin fumes as well as contact?
(Don't worry too much about losing the 'Greek God' status, you could always buddy up with Hephaestus. :)

Chairman Bill said...

Can't be fumes, as there are none.