Wednesday 31 August 2022

Woody

Well, along with the logs I chopped from the felled trees, £260 has brought us up to far in excess of the wood inventory required for the log burner to see us through the winter. A veritable wall of kiln dried logs, which don't appear to have increased in price anywhere near as much as oil, gas or electricity.


I don't anticipate firing up the under floor heating this winter. The solar PV, solar thermal and air-source heat pump will be sufficient for the rest. Exceedingly glad we made the necessary investment when we did. Might keep it on tick-over for the AirBnB, but not for the rest of the house which, luckily, is open plan, meaning the log burner can keep virtually the entire house warm.

I do wish, however, that we had a back boiler for the log burner.

I also wish I could donate by £400, tax free energy thingie to someone who really needs it, but it's a rebate on your bill and not a cash payment. However, I suppose it is still possible to give someone who is struggling the £400 yourself, as you will get it back off your electricity bill.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if you're looking for a worthy cause.......
Seriously I wish I had done more than just install a log burner in the last few years.