Friday 3 February 2023

Oh, There They Are

Hay is complaining that I'm increasingly moaning about not finding things, only to say 3 minutes later; "Oh, there they are," or, "Oh, there is is," when I discover that the offending item is exactly where I left it.


The issue she doesn't take cognizance of is the fact I didn't remember putting it where I found it. I'm sure that, in more than 50% of the occasions, she moved said item between me putting it down and subsequently finding it.

Had a particularly nasty experience the other day when I was painting the new garage floor. I'd misplaced a whole, 5L container of white spirit and the lid for the floor paint. Took me ages to find them. The white spirit was in the old shed, but God knows why I put it in there, and the lid was found on a garage wall crossmember. Took me about half an hour to find them.

It's a conspiracy.....


1 comment:

Vaughan said...

Searching for spectacles to suddenly realise they are pushed up on your head......